Friday 30 January 2009

Blackcurrant Jam

Yesterday afternoon you interrogated me in your sweet, charming style about what I had for breakfast. When my choice of jam met with your wholehearted approval undersigned ‘yummy’ it brought a spontaneous smile to my lips even though you couldn’t see me across these thousand odd miles.

How delightful it is to put forth your opinions simply and not have to get into lengthy explanations or dogged defense of why you think the way you do. How wonderful to have every ‘yummy, I like it’ be responded to with a smile or maybe a disapproving shake of the head. And how courteous would all our interactions be if we all shared the same enthusiasm for differing viewpoints, as for a new flavour of jam, made with some strange berry or with chunky pieces of fruit. And always accepting that others prefer butter on their toast.

2 comments:

Ainara said...

That's a beautiful thought.
I wish things were that simple too.

Anvita Lakhera said...

Things are simple. It's just we humans who have the knack for complicating everything IMHO.